My daughters graduation was coming up and I was stuck for what to get her. I wanted to get something that was personal to her and not just buy a generic item. I wanted to give her something inspirational, that she could look at when she was down or just needed a little inspiration. So I came up with the idea of Graduation Bunting.
What is Graduation Bunting I hear you ask. well it is bunting (we all know what bunting is right? For those who don’t, it’s triangle on a string/rope/ribbon….basically a row of flags)… Anyway, graduation bunting is bunting with inspirational quotes on the back to give to your child on their graduation day. I made mine extra personal by making the flags mini, as my daughter likes all things mini!
How to make Graduation Bunting:
1. First you will need to collect the following items:
- Decorative Paper
- Plain Paper
- Thin Ribbon
- Computer and Printer
- Pen / Pencil
- Clear Glue
- Craft Glue
- Scissors (or a cutting mat and knife)
2. Decide on the size you want the bunting to be and create a template for the quotes. I did this on the computer in Adobe Illustrator but you could just as easily do it in paint or Microsoft publisher. This can also be drawn out by hand. The size of my Triangles is 4 cm x 4.5cm x 4.5cm.
3. Select quotes to put on the template and then print. You can do as many or as few as you like. To make it more personal I included quotes and sayings from her favourite shows, movies and books.
4. Cut out the triangles.
5. Select decorative paper in your chosen styles. I have used scrap booking paper which is thicker in a variety of textures and patterns.
6. Measure out the template onto the paper and cut out the triangles. Make these triangles slightly larger than the quote triangles so you don’t have white paper sticking over the edge.
You should now have two sets of triangles. One lot of decorative triangles and one lot of printed white triangles.
7. Glue the quote triangles onto the back of the decorative triangles. I have used a simple glue stick.
8. Next select some thin ribbon and glue each triangle onto it using a liquid craft glue.
Before glueing the triangle on, separate them into piles according to colour/pattern and work out which order you want them glued onto the ribbon.
9. Wait for it to dry and there you have it. Mini Graduation Bunting.
Click Here to download the Quote template and example as an EPS file
Click Here to download the Triangle Template as a PDF
Click Here to download the Quote Template Example
Leave a Comment